Did you know that consuming cold-pressed organic virgin coconut oil can boost your metabolism, strengthen your heart, reduce your body fat, and keep your skin healthy?
Isn’t it amazing that a material that is 90% saturated fat can improve your health manifolds instead of deteriorating it like other fats do?
Before jumping on to discuss virgin coconut oil benefits, let’s have a look at the properties that make it a super-food in every sense.
Nutritionists recommend a balanced intake of such MCFAs in your regular diet to keep fit and energetic
Why is coconut oil good for you?
- Good Fat
Coconut oil consists of MCFAs that make it a good fat for your body. MCFAs get easily digested and are rapidly converted into energy instead of getting accumulated as fat, and hence boost your metabolism.
- Medicinal Properties
Cold-pressed virgin coconut oil contains lauric acid and capric acid that are also found in mother’s breast-milk. These fatty acids make coconut oil a natural remedy for viral, bacterial, fungal and protozoan infections like influenza, candida, herpes and even HIV.
- Heat Stable
This wonderful product retains most of its properties even at higher temperatures that are required during cooking process. It means that you can simply replace your regular cooking oil with organic virgin coconut oil to immediately start enjoying its benefits.
Benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil:
- Coconut oil benefits for skin
Coconut oil is exceptionally helpful in improving skin conditions ranging from mild inconveniences like dryness to medical conditions like eczema or candida.
There are numerous benefits of virgin coconut oil for skin.
- Gently massage virgin coconut oil on your skin in the morning and before sleeping to keep the skin nourished and moisturized.
- Its application quickly heals chaffed skin and cracked heels when applied regularly for a few days.
- Regular use of coconut oil on skin reduces the chances of getting a fungal or microbial infection due to its medicinal properties. Moreover, if you already have a fungal or bacterial infection, it will act as a natural home remedy to treat it.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of cold-pressed virgin coconut oil are beneficial in the treatment of chronic skin problems like eczema and psoriasis.
- Massaging with this oil shows excellent results in getting rid of stretch marks from the skin, especially in post-delivery phase of women.
- Coconut oil benefits for hair
There are innumerable benefits of cold-pressed virgin coconut oil for hair. Let’s look at the top most.
- Cold-pressed virgin coconut oil is a great moisturizer for your scalp and provides great nourishment to your hair roots when applied externally as well as consumed internally
- Regular head massages with this oil relieve stress and enriches your scalp with essential nutrients and removes dandruff, especially when combined with few drops of lemon
- It is also a great conditioner for your hair and makes them silky smooth. Besides, you can also get rid of split ended hair with regular usage.
- Strengthens Your Heart with virgin coconut oil
Past years have seen a drastic change in our lifestyle and outdoor activities have decreased. Without physical work and a healthy diet, our heart’s pumping ability decreases due to deposition of fat in our arteries.
The saturated fat of coconut oil doesn’t get accumulated because it consists of MCFAs, hence it is a smart choice to be used as a cooking oil for a healthy heart. Besides, it lowers the harmful LDL cholesterol levels in our body and boosts the good HDL cholesterol levels so that your heart is strengthened even further.
These factors substantially mitigate the risk of heart attacks, strokes and other cardiovascular diseases in people who consume virgin coconut oil regularly in their diet.
- Obesity prevention and weight loss with coconut oil
Once again, the MCFAs present in this oil, especially caprylic acid, aid in the burning of stored fat as well as prevent fat from getting stored. This dual-effect significantly helps in the treatment of obesity, losing excess weight and keeping fit and healthy.
- Coconut oil for Healthy bones
Old people, especially women have high risk of osteoporosis after a certain age. Cold-pressed virgin coconut oil contains high level of anti-oxidants that mitigate free radical levels and oxidative stress levels which are the major reasons behind osteoporosis. Moreover, it promotes absorption of calcium, magnesium and other minerals that assist in the development and nurturing of bones.
- Diabetes treatment and prevention with virgin coconut oil
Insulin is a hormone secreted in our blood by the gland called pancreas. It is a vital secretion that regulates the glucose (sugar) levels in our blood stream and ensures that they are neither too high, nor too low. Essentially, it dictates whether the glucose derived from the carbohydrates that we consume as food should be converted into energy by our metabolism or stored as fat for future use.
In type-II diabetes, the insulin is unable to regulate the blood sugar levels for energy creation by cells and hence the levels of both blood sugar and insulin rise.
Organic virgin coconut oil helps in efficient utilization of blood glucose and is thus helpful in the prevention and treatment of diabetes.
You can also replace regular sugar with organic coconut sugar to treat and prevent diabetes.
- Coconut oil Helps alleviate Thyroid Problems
This oil is full of fatty acids like lauric acid and caprylic acid that your thyroid gland just loves. Coconut oil is effective in the treatment of both hypo-thyroidism and hyper-tyroidism due its constituent properties.
- Coconut oil is Natural remedy for infections
Whether you have a viral, fungal, bacterial or protozoan infection, cold-pressed virgin coconut oil benefits the users in its treatment because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
Use it as a home remedy for infections ranging from common cold to even HIV.
- Coconut oil Prevents Gum Disease and Tooth Decay
Perform oil pulling using virgin coconut oil to get rid of foul breath and other periodontal diseases. Its medicinal properties kill bacteria to reduce the chances of tooth infection as well as promote gum health.
- Aids Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease
Patients of Alzheimer’s disease suffer with the inability of certain parts of brain to convert carbohydrates into energy.
MCFAs present in organic virgin coconut oil increase ketone levels in the blood, hence providing an alternate supply of energy to these parts.
This helps in alleviating the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease.
Why Cold-pressed organic virgin coconut oil is better
- Conventional coconut oil is made by applying pressure on dry coconut meat at high temperatures. This results in a loss of nutrients.
- Cold-pressed virgin coconut oil is made from raw coconut milk and is hence much healthier than its counterpart.
Also, organic coconut oil ensures that you are consuming just its pure goodness, not the harmful chemicals and pesticides used in conventional farming.
Where to Buy virgin coconut oil
You can make this wonderful product at home also, but it is quite time-consuming and we’ll discuss its recipe in another blog post.
If you want to save some time, there are a few home-like products in the market that you can immediately buy and start benefitting from them.
If you are based in Delhi, Gurgaon, or Noida in India, you can buy from FarmerUncle. They provide the best cold-pressed organic virgin coconut oil in India that is delivered straight from farmer to your home.
Other good options are:
- Kama Ayurveda Organic Coconut Oil
- Maxcare Virgin Coconut Oil Cold Pressed
- Rustic Art Organic Virgin Coconut Oil For Mom And Baby
Many people have started to ask what is virgin coconut oil and what are the benefits of cold-pressed virgin coconut oil due to rising awareness about this wonderful gift from our nature. We hope that you have got a fair answer to all these questions.
If you want to add something to it or have a query regarding the same, please leave a comment below.